Monday, January 29, 2007

Pretty Icy Things

On Sunday I traveled up to see the ice sculptures. They were quite something to see with the beatiful view of Lake Louise in the background.

Lake Louise Ice Sculptures 2007 015

I was completely knackered from all the walking and my arms didn't work too well that evening.

Monday was my Final trip to the Physio and then off on the tour of Lake Louise and the Ice fields with tour guide Hugh.

I learnt the name Banff comes from Banffshire the home of the accountants for the railroad company when the names where being decided for the different slidings on the route to the coast. They where after something better to promote the tourist trade than 'Siding 29'.

Also that Canada is based on native language phase for little village.

I was a good tour if a little long, quite a travel up to the Bow lake at the top of the Bow Valley. Bow Valley is the name for the overall area where Banff and the ski slopes are.

We still got nice weather for sightseeing and photos, no snowing and clear blue skys.

Lake Louise and the ice fields tour 2007 059

No comments: