Saturday, January 20, 2007

Hospital

Tango, Bryn and Jess also helped me in the next stage of my (mis)adventures and went with me by taxi to the hospital. I had a bit of fun with the wheelchairs and basically handed over my credit card. It's not at all like the NHS with me being taken in to the exam room quite quickly. This was either because I'm paying for all this or maybe because it was quite quiet. Most of the other people from the first aid post were already here.

Like most hospitals it was a lot of waiting with no trousers on for people got come and twist my knee around to work out what it going on.
They bent the knee this way and that to work out which ligaments were still working and which bits are hurting. then they send me for a load of x-rays to make sure that the bones are OK.

After all that they weren't certain what the total picture was.

Basically they said I've got a torn ACL (anterior cruciate ligament). They said use RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation) and made me an appointment to come back in and see a knee surgeon on Monday.

They sent me off with a knee brace and the guys helped me get up to the Elk and Oarsman for a late evening meal.

So its a quiet rest of the week and weekend watching TV for me.

No comments: