Sunday, January 07, 2007

Arrived

Well I'm in Canada. It's Sunday morning and I'm killing a bit of time before we all get on the 10:20 bus up to the slopes. The trip, apart from taking a long time, was fine with us getting into the resort about 5ish.

The group is a fairly mixed bunch, with a full age range from 17 to 50ish. They all seem nice and we've been out for a couple of meals and drinks and everyone is quite chatty and sociable. I'm sharing my room with a snowboarder called Richard. I don't know too much about him yet as he was on a later flight and so actually turned up about midnight, after I had gone to bed. I was so knackered from being up for 24 hours and having had a couple of beers at dinner, that all I could manage to was say hello and fall straight back to sleep again.

One thing that is exactly the same as living in London is the number of Australian and New Zealand accents I've heard since I've got here. Our Rep, Monique (No idea if that's how she spells it) is an Aussie and gave us a huge amount of good info about the place and the things going on.

The guys at work managed a little revenge on Friday, by making me the victim of the weekly caption competition, using a picture from one of our nights out last year. The aim is for people to add their own captions and maybe change the picture a bit using Photoshop. Matt Black sent me a email with the finished pictures. Some of them are quite funny. I'm not yet sure who won yet but I will find out.

So far I'm taking it fairly easy and yesterday was just a bit of shopping and wandering around trying to get the layout of the place sorted. We've been out to a few of the different night spots and places to drink, but as there is such a large selection I don't think will run out any time soon. I spent 900 odd dollars and got myself a pair of B2 Bandit skis. So fully kitted out I had a huge grin on my face walking back from the shops. I'll be trying them for the first time in about two hours. I can't wait.

The conditions are good if a little cold so I'm pack a rucksack full of extra clothes to take out with me today.

4 comments:

Colin M said...

Good to know you have arrived

Colin M said...

Good to know you have arrived

Colin M said...

Good to know you have arrived

Colin M said...

Good to know you have arrived