Thursday, January 04, 2007

Christmas - Exciting, Exciting, Exciting.

Exciting is my neice Ivy's new word and as it was Christmas, with lots of
new toys, it was definately exciting.
It was a good, if slightly crazy Christmas at my Parents which also included
Rosa my sisters the dog running around and my poor nephew Freddie, feeling
poorly.

I stayed from the Sunday to the Saturday. Getting there a little later than
I planned because I need to get on with packing up my flat.
My Parents brought me back and helped with more packing and stayed the
Saturday night.
We sorted out the storage with Vanguard as soon as i got back 300 pound for
6 months in a huge warehouse which is only a couple of doors up from the
flat.
So it was a case of boxing stuff up, carrying it down to the car and then
driving 50 metres up the road. Russ and Vicky were down to celebrate the new
year and got roped into helping me move the stuff into storage. They were
staying at a Hotel up by Canary Wharf and it was there were we started our
new year celebrations.

Also 8000 pound loan cheque was in the post when I got back to the flat on
the 30Jan. Too late now to order much Canadian Dollars or at least much of a
good deal. I should be alright because I can get money out using my
Nationwide Debt Card without it costing me the extra admin charge for
foreign money.
The only other thing I really had to sort out was to cash in my Oyster
travel card and I did that last night.

So the flat is now empty (with only a couple of bags of stuff to take to
storage tomorrow morning), my accounts are about sorted, my bags are pack
and I've nearly finished my last day at work.
So its time to go and Ivy is right, it is very exciting.

D

_________________________________________________________________
MSN Hotmail is evolving – check out the new Windows Live Mail

http://ideas.live.com

No comments: