Wednesday, January 31, 2007

It's Snowing

I guess the weather has worked out I'm leaving. Since my crash we haven't had much in the way of new snow and the conditions out on the slopes have deteriorated. Not so good for the rest of the group and their skiing but quite good for me as the paths are clear of snow and ice for me to get around without too much trouble.

However today it started snowing as I was coming back from the hospital and everything is starting to get coated in snow. I had decided to walk back for the first time (rather than get a taxi) in order to work my leg out a bit and by the time I got back I was covered from head to toe in snow!

I was at the Hospital in order to pick up my treatment notes and get a letter from the ER doctor saying I'm able to fly home. The Insurance company have sorted out a flight back on Friday but I need the OK from a doctor first. Fortunately the same ER doctor was on duty and so she was able to fill in the required forms. She also checked my knee again to make sure she had made the right diagnosis has the swelling isn't hiding the condition of the knee as much.

The walk back took quite a while as I wasn't rushing. Several different kind local people took pity on me and asked me if I need help or a lift back and one told me all about her daughter who's a ski racing and has just had the same operation. apparently in Canada it can take a year to get the surgery done but when its done the knee is as good as new. I guess it was bit like the people I was talking to outside the restaurant the night before last one of who demonstrated how well the surgery works by jumping up and down on the spot!

No comments: