Saturday, January 27, 2007

Banff and its wild life

Well I'm not sitting on my laurels here I'm still going to have a bit of the Holiday experience and today it was a sightseeing tour around the area.

The guide/driver was Natalie and we travelled around Banff while getting a taste of its History.

We covered the giant Springs Hotel (very twin peaks), the Banff springs fall(still not quite frozen), Bow Valley, the Hoodoos, the local herd of Elk (a about a hundred of them). Lake Minawhanka (very big frozen three feet thick), the different mountain ranges, the finding of the hot springs (by some rail workers) and its unique type of snail (and all the conservation effort that are happening).

It was a half day tour with not too much walking. I've spent the rest of the day in the pool seeing how much weight I can put on my leg. The answer is a bit, which is good.

No comments: