Friday, January 19, 2007

Disaster

Its one of those pieces of advice that you hear all the time but some times does actually ring true. Be careful of the last run of the day.

Wednesday had been a full days skiing with us covering alot of ground around Lake Louise from the front face of the resort to some of the back runs up at the Larch chair.

We decided to up to top of the world chair one more time and ski back for the end of the day. We had been practicing applying pressure, edge and pivoting in the turn and was following the instructors tracks like we had been doing most of the day.

While doing this I landed badly in a rough steep section and felt a pop in the back of my left knee. I collasped to the ground and stuck my arms out to bring myself to a stop and tried to get into a less painful position.

No comments: