Monday, September 10, 2007

sans crutches

First day going to work without crutches

Seems to be going OK apart from trying to get across Victoria station. People sort of assume you're going to get out of the way for them but while I can do a reasonable straight line I can't yet dodge, but then again most people just bounced off me and for one bloke in particular, I can push back too.

I've noticed that the reason I walk very slowly at the minute is due to only using one leg to push me forward. I've been favoring the left leg for so long now, when I try and force the left leg to push as well the increase in speed is quite noticeable. So as I get back to normal walking I should speed up in no time.

Jokes about crutches stopping me shaving (I've had a beard for about a month now) must have reached the fifty mark by now. The beard is doing fine!

No comments: