Monday, September 24, 2007

Skiing March 2008

Yeap

I've just booked to go on a ski trip next March. It's six months away so I should be fit enough by then. It's important to get straight back on the horse as the saying goes.
The trip is with my friends from Ware it should be a nice gentle re-introduction to Skiing as its a group with a full range of abilities.

To aid the recovery, and because I have a little time on my hand, I've been going to for walks around the village each day. the government say you should do 30 minutes of moderate exercise 5 times a week. so I'm got a nice little route worked out which has some ups and downs to get me slightly out of breath for an hour.

The route runs up behind my Parents house, through the woods, across a couple of fields until I get to Mill Lane. Then its up Mill Lane, the steep climb stretches out the knee) and then across the huge rolling field above the Lamas until I get to the point Walkern road bridge goes over the bypass. Then its reverse course and return home.

I great walk with good views of the village, as it runs along the ridge, but not to good when its raining.

No comments: