Monday, September 24, 2007

Suits you sir

I'm impressively unprepared for looking for a new job. Not only do I have to fix up a 3 year old CV, I find that all my smart clothes are in storage.

So I had to go out and buy a new suit today. This is probably a good thing as I haven't used them much in three years they are probably too small. That goes for shoes that aren't trainers as well. The fit is now up to a 40" Regular although the trouser are still 34". I guess if I put on the old jackets I would now look a bit like a bouncer.

Still writing my CV. it's like pulling teeth. I'm doing a full permie CV has I will probably need it at some point and then cutting it down into one suitable for contracting. With a full CV you give lots of detail about yourself, as well as your skills, so a company can work out if you are a good fit. However for a Contractor CV it should be much short, not more that 2 pages, and only concentrate on the skills the company is looking for.

And no word from the lawyers, I guess my old company are still messing them around.

No comments: