Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Passports and Postoffices

Its a case of bad timing but my passport is about to expire so I've been rushing around trying to get it renewed.

So I had a trip out to Hertford to the big post office to use their check and send service. I got there a bit early and it was deserted so I went for a wander until 9am. Quite how there managed to be a 10 person queue outside in the 5 minutes I went to the cash machine I don't know. The trip home was fun as well, I got the bus back with all the OAPs.

Anyway the reason for the sorting my passport is that I was thinking of doing something like the last time I was made redundant. I decided it would be a good time to take a long break and went on a trekking trip around some of the national parks in America. I did a big loop from San Francisco via Monument, Yosemite, Dead Valley, Las Vegas, Bryce Canyon and Moab, down to Los Angeles.

So my options are

  1. get another permanent job.
  2. going contracting - setting up a company and finding a job for a couple of months and then do a big trip.
  3. going sailing perhaps a tall ship cruise.
  4. going trekking although my knee is not really up to it.
  5. or go on a smaller holiday and sort my life out when I get back.
So now I'm waiting for my passport to return in the post.

No comments: