Sunday, September 23, 2007

Lawyers and leg bending

The beard has now gone and I've had a hair cut so I'm looking professional again, partly for the future interview but mainly because I needed a passport photo that didn't make me look like a nutter.


Thursday was a trip to the Physio

He said that there had been no progress in the last three weeks despite me walking in this time without the crutches. I was thinking that he could go and get knotted. OK the progress isn't amazing but I definitely moving around better.

I told him about the redundancy and about the end of my medical cover. We sorted out that we could have a couple more sessions until it runs out on the 17th Oct (one month from me signing the letter on Monday). That got him off my case a bit but he still wanted me to do the exercises 'every hour'

Friday night in the pub

A company tradition even if most of us now don't work for the company anymore. It was Christians leaving do and most of us had already planned on going before events happened.

I did get a call in the middle of it, after I had had a few pints from the lawyer to say that the company wanted the contracts signed by the by the close of business on the Friday, but as they hadn't actually sent mine yet and the ones that they had, needed some correction, then it wasn't likely to happen. I said it was no bother to me and repeated to them that they didn't need to tell me what the company is like as I had worked for them for three years!


The other event that evening was that Matt turned up, so he had recovered from the shock on Monday and seemed ready to get on with job hunting.

No comments: