Friday, February 02, 2007

Times up in Canada

I'm just waiting for the transfer bus to the airport due at 1:30. So Rich and I are watch a last bit of biker build off and sci fi stuff on the TV while I finish packing.

Last night we all had a jolly night out starting with us all going to Mellisa's followed by a quick lesson on ski tuning, then off to the rose and crown, and finally Hoodoo nightclub. the whole thing finished around 2:30 with sitting in the hotel reception watching the more drunk members of the group returning from town. It was nice to see everyone together for one last time.

I was lucky with the ski tuning lesson as they managed to have one of the session before I headed off home. The lesson covered waxing, edging and filling in holes on the underside of the skis. These things repair normal damage to the ski and lets them run faster and make more accurate turns. We got to try out the techniques on a couple of old skis. It should save me some money in the long run as I will be able to do some of the things you would normally need to pay a ski shop to do, to keep my skis in top condition.

No comments: