Friday, February 09, 2007

Knees, GPs and bits of paper.

Its crazy because I'm at my Parents I can't really go to my own doctor so I wanted to go to the local one that my Parents use. I only wanted a referral to the hospital and didn't want to trouble the GP for anything else (such as drugs).

However the is a rule that GP are not allow to refer temporary visitors (only give them drugs) and they force you to register just to get a referral (and as a result deregister from you own GP). So after some serious form filling in. I get to come back that evening to see the GP and get him to make an appointment at the fracture clinic at the local hospital. The visit with the GP takes about 2mins, half the time it takes to register.

Fortunately I get a phone call fairly quickly saying I have an appointment on Monday at the hospital. They should be able to tell me how long it will take and what can be done about it. This will start the whole waiting list process and hopefully the doctor will be able to answer questions such as what is the length of rehab and more importantly can I ski next year?

No comments: