Friday, November 30, 2007

Sixth Interview and a Decision

Otherwise known as what I did on Wednesday

So I've had overnight to think about the offer and still don't know. Anyway the sixth interview is at 11 am and I said I would make a decision after that.

The interview is at a digital media agency based north of oxford street. basically they make online adverts and viral marketing like the Sony and Lynx themed game sites. It's a very different prospect from the other interviews so much so I've been told to go in casual clothes. It seems to be a lively place and according to Mel (who runs the IT department) who interviewed me its got a lively social. Also she said that they get all sorts of perks like drinks evening and yoga classes! So I'm pretty impressed and I think that it went well as the technical guy I met was saying some pretty positive stuff as I left.

Well I got about 200 metres outside the office and into a nearby shop before the Agent rang to say they wanted me back for a second interview. Blimey that was quick it could have only taken 20 minutes. So I'm due back on Thursday (11am) to see the CTO. although next time I will be dressed smart as I'm off to interview number seven in the afternoon.

So the rest of the day is mine to do a little Xmas shopping and wonder what I going to do about the job offer. Actually by this stage I had decided, I didn't fancy it and the work place didn't compare at all well with the place I had just visited. So I found a nice quiet place to ring the agent and give him the bad news, it was in the stairwell in Liberty's.

No comments: