Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Fifth Interview and the Arrival of Edith May

Friday evening and I'm sorting myself out for a weekend away and all of a sudden the agents go crazy and all start ringing at the same time. One of the agents who contacted me thought LinkedIn had a position with a financial opinion news service. They must be a bit desperate to fill their position because from first phone call to me it took about 40 minutes to get my CV to them and fix up an interview.

So Monday morning I went down to Liverpool St (not to Guildhall where Google maps had located them) to a small company hidden down a side street. The interview was fine but the job sounds a little scary, basically I would be the only developer/architect in the company surrounded by business users. A huge opportunity to shape a whole department but only I would be needed to IT support an entire company! According to the agent it went OK and I had the second part a fairly simple technical phone call with their current third party IT supplier on the phone on Tuesday afternoon. One of the questions he asked was 'What upcoming technology in the near future really excites you' to which I guess I was supposed to say something related to IT but I said the new Virgin One spaceship!

Also on the Monday as well as going to see one of the agents and doing a very odd multiple choice technical screening test, we had some good news...

I'm an uncle again.

Edith May Golding (7lb 7oz) arrived early in the morning and is doing very well.

No comments: