Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Fourth Interview part deux

Well it went well enough for them to ask me back for a second interview. So yesterday I went back to see them. This time it was in Angel.

This time is was a full technical test, which was alot like a written exam. Fortunately we were late as the person who was seeing me was double booked in another meeting across town. So I didn't have to do it all just have a good go at it for half an hour. There were questions on asp.net controls c# sql queries and creating tables, state management and requirements capture.

It was quite hard as these things test more your ability to remember stuff than whether you are any good at coding. But I got a chance at the end to talk around some of the topics to show I a little of what I know.

The last question they asked was 'How would you work out how many hairdressers were there in London'. It's quite common in my experience that interviewers ask something a little left field in an interview just to see how a person would react. I normally, when interviewing someone would ask 'tell me something interesting about yourself', a question I picked up from my old boss, Julian. Well this time I answered it a couple of different ways including using a phone book and making a worm hole out of a couple of stars to freeze time and going around counting by hand! At least I will be remembered!

So still fingers crossed.

No comments: