Monday, November 27, 2006

Getting a loan

Ok so I may have screwed up

I booked an appointment last week at the Nationwide and got talked into getting a new credit card and current account. So today I went to see them with all my documents and bits of paper.

the problem with this is that I applied for a Natwest Credit Card and with the extra credit check. When I tried to get the loan I got refered on my credit check so I've got to wait for the head office to OK the loan.

The Nationwide account and credit card as quite good for travelling as you only pay for the conversion to the new currency and not an extra charge for handling which most others do.

I'm getting a 8 grand loan based on the standard bank rate

my caculation breaks down as:

5 months at £740 = £3700
12 wks at £200 = £2400
and my current account -£2300
which is about £8400

so I'm asking for 8 grand with the three months pay should get me thru.

I figure I have also about one thousand pounds of one off costs
and about £400 to pay for the loan.

on a more positive note the snow reports for Banff are very good...
D

No comments: