Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A frustrating day

A frustrating day. I didn't really notice because I was busy all day but I'm still waiting for things to get resolved.

Firstly I didn't get a call from Nationwide to tell me what the outcome of the loans application is. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Nationwide head office is still working out whether me getting two new credit cards and a current account means that I can't have a loan. I did at least get my credit cards, today the Natwest one and last night the Nationwide one. The activation process where you ring up, is to give them some details and then listen to them trying to sell me payment protection insurance, were almost identical, right down to them asking me to justify why I don't want the insurance.

The second thing I was waiting for was my flat's management company to ring up about a problem with one of the payments I made for my service charge. Basically they lost the payment back in July 2005 and I've been trying to sort it out ever since. But they aren't the most easy company to deal with, what with not answering phones and letters and I only got some response when I mentioned taking them to small claims court. They said the person that would deal with the issue was on holiday and would ring me on Wednesday (when I rang on Monday) but they never did.

Thirdly the merry-go-around that is my job carried on a bit further. I had a meeting with Susie the HR lady, I thought to sort out all the details about coming back. However the meeting was only to sort out my holiday and what date I will be resigning. It works out that if I have 15 days to carry over (19 minus the four I've booked this month) then I can resign on the 26Th Dec and take the days holiday at the end of my time. I asked about the offer from last week about coming back and getting my bonus but she said that it's all on a promise and I would have to start afresh (lose all my benefits) when I got back. She said they won't even put anything in writing. So looks like I'm back at square one again and there's no reason to come back. Rob is away so I can't really talk to him but I'll talk to Richard tomorrow.

Oh and it just so happens to be the two year anniversary of my starting at uS****h. So Nils, Jamie, James and myself went down to bar HA HA for a couple of beers after work to celebrate.

No comments: