Friday, September 19, 2008

Vodafone Music Awards

Party with Lewis Hamilton and Neil Walker!

After years of working in IT I've finally worked on something that resulted in a good freebie. We been working on various vodafone campaign websites and to say thank you they gave us some free tickets to the Awards show. There was a good little line up of different bands, each playing 1-3 tracks.
They included
The Ting Tings (great stuff starting the show and the second time I've seen them this year)
James Morison (a bit quite)
The Pussy Cat Dolls (quite literally bonkers and I guess one of the reasons Lewis Hamilton was there (the other being the amount of wonga vodafone sponsor him)
Estelle (good LOTS of confetti)
Will Young (I think I went to the bar then)
Primal Scream (I was jumping around like a right nutter and can't really believe I've now actually seen them live!)
and some others that you couldn't really hear over all the media types (and us) talking.

We spent the evening by the VIP section and about 5 meters from Lewis Hamilton and Family. He's smaller that I imagined but then again he has to fit in the car doesn't he.

The other 'interesting' person there was Neil Walker, a friend from many years ago at Uni. Completely random chance meeting, except for the fact he is an executive at Vodafone, so may not that surprising. We had a quick catch up and he brought me a beer which was nice.

I've decided I quite like freebies...

No comments: