Friday, September 12, 2008

iPhone

What a fashion victim I am.

I got a new phone and yes this will come as a shock to people that work with me it's an iPhone.

Yeap I've bought an apple product after work with Microsoft products for so long.
I'm not really anti Apple or pro Microsoft not like the religious fanatics you get on the subject (mainly in the Apple camp in my experience).

So what's it like? well it looks nice the shinny blackness and the touch screen goodness. It's definitely the future the GPS function is cool watching yourself move around on the map is very 'Spooks' also the 16GB ipod with videos is good.

On the downside it's not really a finished technology I guess they rushed it
to market as it crashes, locks up, drops phone connections alot. I've crashed it completely about 4 or 5 times in a week.

The main culprit seems to be the itunes software that it has to connect to in order to get the music off a PC. Something to do with the applications you can install on the phone and the security checks that the software does. Most of the time this kills all the installed applications and clears the all the music off the iphone.

So I got it more or less working and stuff installed and as long as I don't try connecting it to itunes I should be OK until a patch comes out for the phone.

No comments: