Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Ambushed by the Estate agent

OK they got me!

I've dodged the decision for weeks but they got me on the phone today and ask about dropping the price.

The market is dead and all the business with free stamp duty and the other government breaks don't seem to have any effect at all on the London market. To be fair there aren't many places under the 175K in London so it never was going to help much.

Basically the market is falling and so my original price now isn't getting anybody around for a viewing. I sorta plan to hang around until the market bottoms out as a percent down turn in all prices will end up in my favour as I plan on getting a bigger place in the same sort of area.

I agreed we would try it on the market for 10k less than is currently is on to see what happens. I'm not sure I would want it to go much lower yet as there is a smaller flat in my block on for 10k less than that.

Perhaps I'll do some more to fix it up and try and justify the price different a bit more.

No comments: