Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Sunday

Had quite a day on Sunday.

First I spent alot of money on the Snow+Rock website. I brought one pair of Atomic SX:B5 Skiercross Ski + Atomic Neox 412 Bindings which was 579.00 pounds for 347.40 pounds. These are quite a serious ski but if every thing goes to plan I should be skiing for 3 months next season and a very good pair of skis is a must. They are very similar to the CrossMaxs that I've used before and are abargainbargin at 231.60 pounds off. I went up to the Snow+Rock store at Covent Garden on Saturday after I had been for an eye test (Every thing the same), but they really didn't have anything at all. Most other places I tried over the past few week didn't have anything in at all (skiing is of course a bit seasonal). But I noticed the offer on the web last week as I was searching for a good deal on laptops (a bit random I know but I'm also looking for a laptops so I can keep up with email and store photos on my travels) and decided to go for it.
The one draw back is it will be delivered by ParcelForce who are bobbins. So I'm having it delivered to my Parents (I have warned them someone will be trying to give them skis in the next few days) and won't see them until I can get back up to Watton (were my parents live).

The other thing that happened to me on Sunday was that i went to the Ben & Jerry's Sundae Festival on Clapham Common. There was lots of free ice cream on offer with was nice but I was only there for one thing.

The Wonder Stuff were playing as the second to the headline act (the guy who sings that ad with the balls going down the road, Jose Gonarsomethingorother) so for a fiver I got to see them on a big stage for an hour going through most of their greatest hits.

It was such a thrill as they started with the opening chords of 'On the Ropes' with the Sun shining and a pint of the black stuff in my hand. I would definitely say it was one of the better gigs I've seen them do (fourth time I've seen them I think). The lineup has changed again and they now have a Girl playing the fiddle!

One thought that I had was it is a strange feeling to have more hair than your heroes.

Also it was strange to look around at the people in the crowd and see what 10 years has done to the fans. Lots of fathers with kids on shoulder all singing along knowing all the words Brilliant! and some fans who must have been at junior school when the Stuffies were number one bouncing around to 'Don't let me down, Gently' like it was brand new.


All in all a great day.

No comments: