Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Beer and the Weekend

I've given up drinking, again

Had a good weekend with my friends Phil and Nick visiting. but it involved a lot of alcohol. This isn't really surprising as the main reason for the visit was to go to the camra beer festival. we went on Friday with the beer running out a bit but it was good. a fine selection of stouts and porters.

One truly amazing thing that happen while I was there, was running into Steve Clark who I was at Primary School with and haven't seen for 20 odd years. I was talking to Phil and this person walks up to us and says 'Are you Dave?'. I did a sort of double take and peered at him and then went 'Steve!'. Apparently I haven't changes much and he had said to his wife 'There's some over there I think I know. I'm going over to find out if it is them'. He said he was living south of london and had just got married. Things seem to be going well for him and its nice to bump into someone now and again.

The rest of the weekend was pretty laid back with Phil and Nick playing Timesplitters on the Xbox and Phil heading back on saturday after meeting up with Colin and Clare for a coffee (Clare was shoe buying apparently). We met up with the Mortimers on the Sat night at Brewery Wharf by Bough Market and Nick headed off home as usual on the Monday morning.

I got a phone message while we were out and on Monday a call from Julie. She is having the other half of her wedding this October. Its going to be quite a big affair, a blessing, and we have to dress up. She got married at new year in Algeria as that's were her other half is from and this is just a blessing and the rest of the wedding bits and bobs. It's in Sunderland so I've been on the web trying to work out the cheapest way to get up there.





Right that's me off to the pub.

No comments: