Friday, August 04, 2006

Friday afternoon

Just been to Nandos for peri chicken and now I've got the caption competition to do.

We had the company evening out last night as a school sports day and the pic for the caption compo is of one of the rounds of tug of war. I was in the winning team for that (hurrah) but we did real bad at all the other events. beening well built for tug of war means you're not the best for the speed events. I also was part of the sack race and the three legged. we were so far behind on the sack race that I (being the last man) took my time and just enjoyed the view.

So it's mean to be the project deadline today but its been moved to next week. people are in at the weekend and most are getting nice new machines (I got one the other week) dual core dual processor 2.0 GHz 3gb memory and two hard drives, nice. the plan is to get virtual machines on the PCs to run a database server and a web server locally. anyway people should be working the weekend and I'm still refusing, besides I got my friends Nick and Phil visiting for the Great British Beer Festival at Earl's Court this weekend and so am not really free. The fest is a great do and I've already went on wednesday with Col.

so the little people in my desk drawer are staying there for a little while yet. Gordon the project manager said He'll organise a little party at the end and we can give them out to the developers then.

No comments: