Sunday, December 09, 2007

First Week - New kid at school feeling

Well its a very different place to work.
It started with bacon sandwiches at a meeting for the whole company on Monday morning at which the new members of staff are introduced...

Er... Hi.. I'm David...

and the week ended with beers being handed around the office at 5 on Friday. before I headed off for a major leaving do at my old company (partly so I could tell them all about my new job!!)

It's going to be an interesting place to work, very media agency, laid back, casual clothes, music playing type place. They have a few nice perks in the office as well, from free stuff to make breakfast with in the morning (bagels, toast, crumpets) to fresh fruit deliveries a couple of times a week. Of course they have tea and coffee and handily they've placed me near the kitchen to I so don't have to run dry of Tea... (and No its not the new boy makes the Tea, any more than anyone else)

The work hasn't really started yet but beyond the initial front-end designs and the deadlines, how things are done and what technologies I use will be up to me.

The company is mostly designers, producers and front end Flash (its a name of a technology rather than a personality trait) developers. There are a couple of other .NET developers and nothing at all by way of DBAs. So I should have some opportunity to apply some of the things I've learned at my last company about process and the best way to organise things.

The hardest part at the moment is getting up while its still dark. that and learning everyone's names!

No comments: