Monday, December 24, 2007

I shan't be using Lastminute.com again

or don't believe what Lastminute.com put on there website.

The upshot of the whole experience seems to be, Lastminute won't guarantee any of the information on its site. It's star rating system is factually wrong as you can't compare quality from one country to another. And they will blame anyone but themselves.

So my advice stay away from them

Here's some of the details of the letters I got including on the 17Th Dec received a final response to my complaint letter way back in October

Lastminute said back in 7 Nov 07

1) We're sorry.
2) Your feedback is important.
3) We are passing the buck to our supplier, Fleetway Travel.
4) So we're not going to do anything else about it.

and last week in the post from Fleetway Travel. The main points being.

1) We're sorry
2) The description of the hotel is not our fault we blame our supplier
3) We checked the hotel met Greece Health and Safety at the start of the season.
4) The classification is can only be compare to other local hotels.
5) That is what passes for 5 star accommodation in Rhodes.
6) We will pass on your comment to the hotel
7) The quality of the accommodation is your personal option
8) We'll take the comments into account when using this hotel in future.
9) You should of contacted the local agent or the UK office
10) We could have move you to another hotel if you had asked.
11) We're sorry about the flight but you can't blame us.
12) Please travel with us again in future.

Both of which do a very good job of avoiding most of the issues I was trying to make. So I guess I'll try again but this time make it real simple and get across that I was mainly upset at the miss-selling of the holiday.

1) If something is advertised it should be in the holiday. i.e. Sauna, Sat TV, Scuba Diving.
2) When selling to a UK audience, a dreamlike Deluxe 5 star hotel should be described as a decent 3 star hotel if that's what it is.
3) You should not be using a rating system to compare holidays from different countries if in fact they are not comparable.
4) I was not complaining about the flights I was complaining that the advert did not say we would not be getting any food.
5) I did report my complains to the Holiday rep and email again once I got home but its a little difficult to work out who to complain to as you both just pass the buck.
6) If you can't guarantee any of the information about a holiday then you should say so in the advert.

No comments: