Sunday, December 23, 2007

Closed for Christmas

The office closed for Xmas and opens on the 2nd. So I effect I get another 4 days holiday!

However a load of stuff was promised to clients in time for Xmas and so the last couple of days was really mental. Partly this was due to the amount of stuff to do but mainly this was due to most of the people that knew stuff had left for the holidays.
I was in the odd position of being the only 'expert' at a couple of systems despite not actually having seen any of the code.
With you talking to someone about an issue one day only to find out later that that was their last day! In the .NET team we went from 4 people to 2 people as the contractors finished and we got all their stuff to support and release.
So it was busy but I didn't think it was too bad as no-one was actually screaming and I've had the odd mad deadlines before.

Hopefully nothing goes wrong over Xmas and things should be running smoothly when I get back!

No comments: