Friday, August 03, 2007

Hospital Trip 2

Well it was early start but with a little help from Dad and TomTom I was there for seven a.m.


It was still a long wait until the operation as I went in about 11:30. The dress code was similar this time with an anti DVT socking on my good leg. They didn't make me wear the scary string net pants like last time but keep my boxers on.
It was much more of a major operation than last time and the anaesthetist warning me he would be using much strong drugs (on me) than last time. however despite it being more major I was still out after about an hour.

The drugs definitely were much stronger with me being blotto for most of the rest of the day. the other effect of the drugs (morphine I think) was me being sick all day long and not being able to keep anything down. I didn't help that when ever anyone asked me a question I either nodded or shook my head which set me off again.

The rest of the day was me sleeping or the nurses taking my temp and blood pressure which was up and down due to the drugs.

In the evening my Parents visited but since I was still drugged up they didn't get much out of me and I was nodding off again.

Day two sort of started when they gave me an anti-biotic shot at around 2 am and some pain killers.

The day started for real around 6 am (I remember it starting really early last time as well). it consisted of lots of tea and waiting (reading Harry Potter).


MySecondKneeOp 004


The physio came by and we talked about exercises and gave me some new crutches (elbow style much better to use than the Canadian ones). I said I would reused my brace I already had, once she had ok'd it, otherwise a new one would have cost me a hundred quid (not covered by the AXA).

Finally around 6ish Mr Parmar turned up and asked me if I wanted to go home. I said 'you bet I do' and he said 'Ok, off you go. I'll see you in two weeks'

My Parents came and took me home.

No comments: