Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Appraisal Twice

once with the physio

once at work

physio was fine said everything that I expected him to say about stopping using the crutches and brace and trying to walk normally again. roll the foot from heal to toe he gave me three new exercises sitting on the floor with a towel under my heel try and get my leg as straight as possible (a bit achy)lying on my back bring my knee up to my chest and try to make my heel touch my backside (v. painful) called the roman chair I think leaning back to a wall go down into a sitting position and then hold it for a bit.

it's appraisal time at work again, well actual they had it while i was off but I'm having mine now. so Rob and me go off to talk about what I've been doing, what I want to do and what's going on with the company. Generally I'm doing well if not particularly senior work mostly straight forward development. I've mostly been working on our most critical project (I generates most of the money) and that's been going well (good for this years personal bonus).
However I'm not so happy about the way things have been going and this was a good opportunity for a good venting. I'm a senior developer and as such should really be doing some project and team leading. Now I've been promised an opportunity to do this sort of thing three times now only to have it taken away again before I started. So I'm getting a bit frustrated with them and took the opportunity to remind them. Rob (who's also been having quite a rough time of it with his big international project getting cancelled) said that He would make sure that working in the new traffic project I would get the opportunity lead some development. Sounded a bit woolly to me and I said it sounds like b****cks as they have promised before and not delivered.
So the meeting had its lively moments, at one point he tried to say that me being off having surgery was part of the problem until I pointed out the several members of the department have had more time off on holidays since I got back and managed to hold down senior positions.

So I've given him some stuff to think about and write up.

Maybe it will help...

No comments: