Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Good News / Bad News (Again!!)

Monday I received some post from Canada and West Byfleet

The tax refund claim for about 60 dollars was successful and I got a cheque in pounds from the Canadian government. Nice!
This was the tax I paid on my skis, poles and helmet.

Also in the post I got a cheque from my Insurance company. However this wasn't as happily accepted.

The Insurance company decided to pay the medical costs in full, including the taxis that I submitted receipts for. They also paid pro-rata for the food, accommodation and flights that I didn't use.

However the Course Fees, Lift Pass, Exam Fees, Heliskiing Trip and Avalanche Course were all included in a section called Inability to Ski. This section has a maximum limit 150 pounds. So this is how much that they offered.

It's a good 2 grand short of what I was expecting.

So I connected Crystal, as it is actually the insurance which is sold with the course and suggested that it isn't right. It looks like they are treating the trip as a simple winter holiday rather than a expensive course.

Now I paid 460 pounds for this Insurance and I would expect it to course slightly more than a normal policy. So Alan at Crystal (Who was very helpful when I had the accident and was sorting out the claim) said if I send him a copy of the letter he would look into it.

so fingers crossed!

otherwise I may have to take Jason's advice and start talking to lawyers.

BTW Jason is in hospital now getting his arm fixed, so good luck to him.

No comments: