Saturday, March 03, 2007

Back to school

It's a slightly strange feeling to be back at work. Just the same as when I went away, well it's only been two months, but some things are completely different.

Some new faces and a few missing friends.

I made quite an entry to the office with a bit of a cheer, a lot of hand shaking and people meerkatting up from behind their monitors all the way down the office.

There are changes to the teams including a new one dedicated to improving the number of customers who complete the energy switching process (I've started calling this project Panic). This is in response to the price cuts in the domestic fuel market which have caused the number of people switching suppliers, and hence our profit, to drop.

I wasn't the only person to be injured apart from Reno who I knew about, he showed me a very impressive Xray pic. There was also Barry (the Marketing director) who has done a similar thing to me but also the other ligaments around the outside and the protective cartilage between the bones. He's going private so should be back on his feet (sorry) in a couple of months.

I must have answered the questions 'What did you do', 'Where you skiing' and 'How long will you be like that, over 30 times. It's nice to get the attention and that everyone cares but...

Also the ever inventive members of the department came up with a huge range of jokes along the lines of; hop-a-long, old man with walking stick, pipes and slippers and the dangers of skiing.

No comments: