Thursday, July 20, 2006

New Mortgage

When and sorted out a remortgage yesterday with Nationwide. basically another 2 year track at +0.27 base rate. As it with the same company I get to keep my overpayment benefits and loyality this, that and the other.
However this is the crazy thing I asked them about letting out my flat for the three months I plan to be away (Jan to Mar) and they said fine no probs, I can let out on my new mortgage by just telling them I want to (in writing). Great I said also I would like to take some of my overpayment back to pay for my trip. My overpayment is about 7 grand and so would cover most of the expense. No problems they said. Then I said can't I get a payment holiday rather than take all the money out and they said ... Er no you either either have a payment holiday or let the flat!!! So I say, I can let the flat and take my overpayment out to pay the mortgage? Er yes you can do that ...! also sir you can get a temperary loan at our base rate to cover holiday and the mortgage payments and pay it back when you like!! well slightly crazy so I take out the quick loan to cover all my expenses and payments and keep my overpayment benefits and only have to pay for what it take out. Cool crazy but I'll do that then.

So I'm on the new mortgage and will sort out enough loan to cover what I don't save up for in the meantime just before I leave. This will leave me letting the flat going away and covering my mortgage just calling it all a 'flexible loans'.

full steam ahead then.

No comments: