Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Fireworks at Work

Not yet
It was the first weekend of the overtime this weekend and so some people were in at the weekend to help with the deadlines, including one guy that couldn't get in until he was vouched for by someone already in the office!
The project manager has been very grown up about the whole thing (unlike the way I'm behaving) and said the coming in is voluntary and me refusing was fine. I'm pretty vital to some bits of the release but not madly busy as yet. so I'm not doing too much damage and hopefully getting a little message higher up the managment structure.

I deciding to do this it made me think about the way going on strike (which is pretty much what I'm doing) or working to rule effects other people. In my case the message gets out that I'm not happy but the people it most effects are the ones I work with who, mostly, are not to blame. This is simular to the train and tube strikes we always seem to be having. we were going to have a train strike that weekend but it was called off at the last minute. Anyway a train strike, in my company at least, only hurts the staff as they are told they have to be in on time and if not they have to make up the time.

ah well

No comments: