Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Little Lego Men

As the project at work is coming to an end I thought it would be nice to do something to celebrate the fact. The project is a rebranding of all our current websites and intgration of .NET 2.0 changes.

As part of this there are two sub systems called customisation and lego. Customisation is a data store of image and other types of content and lego is a set of custom controls which the pages are made from. So Lego is pretty much the building blocks of the website.

After a bit of thinking we decided LEGO would stand for Localised Extensible Generic Objects.

This means that I could get some little jokey presents to celebrate the project deadline (which is friday next (and the week of the London Beer Festival (bad/good timing or what!!)). So I've bought 25 lego cowboy keyrings (hopefully one for each of the developers that have had to work with the new code) . And if I'm really luck maybe I can get the project to pay for them (they were only 40 quid so I don't really mind if they don't)

No comments: