Tuesday, June 03, 2008

All quite on the home front

Well perhaps its not the best time to be trying to sell a flat. With the news being full of reports about a coming recession and how hard it is to get a mortgage these days.

After the drama of the first week, the salesman at the estate agent got suddenly fired (I'm now being looked after by the branch manager, mainly I think, because she is the only person there!), there were a couple of viewings and a visit from the energy efficient auditor (you have to have an energy efficiency certification in the home information pack), it has all gone very quite.

The agent says it will pick up and that it was only quite due to the bank holiday.

So I've stopped looking for the time being as I don't fancy being in the position of finding somewhere I really want but having to lose it because I have to sell my place first.

No comments: