Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Gym training knee update

I’m still going to see the personal trainer every other week. The sessions are now mainly about continuing to build up core stability, increasing my endurance and increasing my general strength.

Andy, the trainer, says the goal is to ‘get the whole body synchronized so the body’s strength and flexibility can move and control the body in balance’. I have a sneaking idea this means that we are going to start using the Chin-Up/Dip machine which has been lurking in the corner of the gym the whole time.

Also we started something called VO2 max training which is 4 lots of 500m rowing, in 2 mins each, with 15 v sit-ups in-between. This is well hard and I go bright red and can’t yet do a full v sit-up (from lying flat to sitting up with you knee touching your chest)

Still I think its doing me good as I’m running a bit again, 10 minutes without getting out of breath.

The Knee or rather the leg aches off and on about half the time but for normal day to day stuff its fine. I can run up stairs and jump around a fair bit (well lot when Rage Against the Machine is on). Crouching down is still a bit tricky and it
makes some weird noises a bit like someone crumpling up a crisp packet!

No comments: