Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Putting my flat on the market

I only planned to pop up the road to get a newspaper, and ended up selling my flat.

OK not quite but that's about what happened on Saturday morning. I have to pass two estate agents on my way to the newsagents and so I thought I would pop in to see if any of them had anything good for sale.

With the first agent I went to look at an OK property on the other side of the island and mentioned on the way back that I was just about to put my property on the market with another agent. I had planned on going to the other agent and sorting it out, that afternoon. So the agent, being a salesmen, offered me a deal. 1.5% fee rather than 1.95% they had offered when they valued my flat the other week. The other agent was offering 1.85% so I accepted the deal and will let them market the flat.

So the process has started hopefully it won't be too much of a roller coaster ride.

No comments: