Friday, February 26, 2010

Office Politics

So I talked to the director who is running these 'sorting out tech's problems' sessions about what my boss had said about him saying to my boss that I was being negative and not helpful.

He was a little shocked about what my boss said and said he hadn't said such things.
I told him I was planning on withdrawn from the process if it was just going to back fire on me and he asked me not to. In fact he said its quite negative because we have to talk about what wrong in order to find solutions.

It sounds like my boss is playing office politics and because I checked we know he's been exaggerating or making stuff up.

It may be because we are integrating the tech and creative parts of the company and he feeling a bit sidelined as the junior part of the partnership.

In other news a couple of the new guys in the department have had either their probation extended or been put on a rolling three month review mainly because they don't work fast enough. So I definately not the only person who is not in his good books.

No comments: