Tuesday, August 11, 2009

15 months on the Market

OK that surprised me too

I just got around to checking and my flat has been on the market for 15 months!

I hadn’t realised it had been quite as long as that. There are several reasons for this long period. The main one being the whole market crashing thing and me waiting for things to pick up again
I've not dropped my price enough and so haven’t had any interest in the property for months. Rather than take the flat off the market because nothing was happening, I've kept it on at a too high a price so I don't have to pay again for all the selling documentation to be set up.

According to mousePrices.com they think I should drop the price by another 6% to be competitive. I’d already cut the price by 5% back at the start of the crash before I decided to pause.

But I got a bit of news this week telling me the market may be up and running again and that it’s time to get selling again.

My friends Colin and Clare who live in the next postcode over have just managed to market and sell their property and put an offer on a new place all in the space of a couple of weeks. All this they managed and had time for a week’s holiday abroad!

So I guess its time to get on with it and drop the price again. Oh and contact my agents and see if they are still in business.

No comments: