Tuesday, January 13, 2009

scafolding

Next week will be exiting for the flat as it will be getting a nice set of new windows. These are the ones that where due to be in by Xmas but hey no one really believed that.

The whole property is now covered in scaffolding to allow the builders access and bits of blue netting, no idea about the netting perhaps its for catching fish if we get alot of flooding!

In a typical bit of timing, I won't be there as I'm off skiing next week, with my collection of knee supports, so I'll have to sort a way of allowing the builders access.

This means I'm back in communication with the flat management company again and they started this time with a new approach to confuse, saying, when I told them my address, that they no longer manage the property!
But I'm used to them by now and such a simple attempt to confuse didn't work. After a bit of convincing that they did still look after the flats I managed to explain that all I wanted this time is for the cleaner to pick up a copy of the flat key so
the builders can get in to fit the new window.

One little bit of fun I will have before I go is to clear an area around each window
to allow the work to be done. The flat is tiny and moving stuff generally means another bit of the flat gets full. Particular fun will be working out how to let them get to the bedroom window as the bed (which is on stilts) is the size of the room and blocks the window pretty well. looks like I will have to leave that as a bit of an obstacle course

so It's 50/50 that by the time I get back my flat will be
a) still there
b) water tight (why do they want to pick the wettest month of the year)
c) have full set of new windows

No comments: