Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Deep snow

Yeah we had over 50cm of snow during the week so the powder was deep and the skiing was nice.

I only had the one crash all week due to getting into the white stuff waist deep! Actually there was so much snow, or rather it was snowing so much they had to close down most of the runs one afternoon. but that was okay as it was the end of the week and I needed the rest.

Powder is hard work (particularly on the legs/knee) to wade thru but when the sun is out (as it was for a couple of days) and you can see what you are doing (one morning we had fog and everything was white!) its a joy.

I got my perfect skiing moment, which I try for at least once every trip. That is; going fast, on a nice piste with a bit of powder, with something good on the music player, cutting at few clean carving turns as the sun shines down on me. bliss!

I'm back fit and able, if a little poorer (6 quid a pint due to the exchange rate was about the cheapest ) and trying to work out how to go again this season.

No comments: