Thursday, October 16, 2008

Windows and Boilers

I sorta fixed the boiler by switching thermostat and fuses around so its half working. I'm getting the top element working but that's fine as its a big boiler.

I won't know more until I can get some more fuses. For some reason the thick cartridge fused that go in the fuse box are not easy to come by in central London, even in hardware shops (the temptation to say 'fork handles' was almost overwhelming!).

On the good news front. I got a knock on the door the other morning before I left for work. It was the building manager to say we are getting brand new windows put in, hopefully before Xmas. So that should be nice, warm and add to the value of the flat. Checking back we've been paying into the window fund quarterly for 3 years so that's one bill I'm glad to see go.

No comments: