Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sore Knees?

Well I'm still whole and walking. It was a great if very hard 9.5 days of walking. I found the altitude hard work, even walking on the flat gets you out of breath until you get used to it.

The group was very nice if a little fast for me, I'm a bit of a Dawdler and the other four in the group where very fast. I spent a fair bit of time walking in the solitude so to speak, with the others ahead in the distance (well dots).

This wasn't to say I didn't still walk fast than most people, in fact most of the time estimates where bang-on for me, just that the others where very fast. The was despite the fact three of them qualify for their OAP bus passes (60+).

We managed the whole loop around 170km by mostly walking and a couple of bus trips. I'm not sure of the precise calculation yet but the vertical height climbed is around the 6.5km mark. few!

Anyway great view, lots of weather from Snow to Rain to Serious amounts of Sun and some very good food (and wine!).

A took about 400 photos so there has to be a couple of OK ones in there, time of get them on flickr.

No comments: