Wednesday, July 18, 2007

New moves

Went to the new Physio last night, called Ian, and he gave me some new exercises to work on to build up the muscles before the op.

1) Kneel down and then sit back so that your backside is touching your heals.
2) Standing on one foot, the bad leg, and practice balancing. When that's simple, do it with your eyes closed.
3) Standing on one foot again bend the knee so that you go down. Keeping your back straight and other leg off the ground. This one is done near something to steady yourself in case you start to fall over.

The first one is a bit painful as I get most of the way there, short about an inch, but the pain is in both legs.

The second is fine no trouble at all.

However the third one... boy does it hurt. I can only go down a little way before it hurts and the whole leg starts to go wobbly. so I must be doing me some good. Compared to the other leg I've got about 12 inches to go not that I expect to be anyway near that for a long long time.

I'll be doing them at work, waiting for the train and probably down the Pub!

No comments: