Monday, June 18, 2007

Back to work - It's got that new smell

It was a bit like the first day at a new school. Now my company has moved into its new offices, I return to work at the new location. I had no idea where anything or anyone was in the office, when I walked in. I didn't even know where my desk would be.

Fortunately it turns out its in quite a good location. the office is shaped like a giant L and I'm situated at the bend so I'm in a good position to know what's going on. Of course its not so good for surfing the web and not working, as my screens can be seen quite easily.

my coworkers have mostly been in the office a week now and the large part of the problems have been sorted out. A few servers are still not on line and a couple of the rooms are not quite ready yet but I'm sure it won't be long.

However, and I should have seen this coming, there is one thing that has gone wrong and they haven't been able yet to sort out what's happened. The storage box which I packed all my stuff (and most of the rest of the energy team did too) has gone missing!

It's big, orange and has got my mug in it. So if you see it, tell me as I fancy a cup of tea!

No comments: