Thursday, December 21, 2006

Busy Day

As well as getting my new job offer a load of other stuff happened yesterday

1) we had the big office move around
I walked into the office and it was complete bedlam. in order to work in a more agile way (agile is a style of project management) we are moving so that the different project teams are closer together and not spread out all over the office.

This meant that I've had to give up my very nice seat in the corner with the great view across london. I'm now at a desk right in the middle of the office with no view and no space. But I don't really care as I'm not here for very many days and its quite likely they will have moved offices by the time they come back.

I do however have a little more simpathly with the guys who were complaining all summer about how rubbish and hot this part of the office is.

2) I got my new ski jacket
Had to go the post depot and sign for it. Its a very nice Helly Hansen Precon Jacket (about £150) specially done for the ski academy with the
logo on the back and front right breast. Should keep me warm on the slopes. So now I'm wearing around the place, basically showing off that I'm off skiing!

3) I got my flight tickets and Itinerary
Funnily enough went I got home this letter about my flight was waiting for me. Now I didn't have to sign for it or anything unlike the jacket!

4) went to check out the storage units
A couple of doors down from my flat in the Vanguard storage unit and so I decided that getting a small unit there would sort out most of my storage issues.

Also I have to work out what to do with the bedding on the Friday morning before I go as I can't really leave it in the flat. This way I can put the last of
my stuff in a bag and drop it off at the depot on my way to the airport.

Its an expensive business, I got quoted 40quid a month for a one metre cubed box. which is the smallest they do. I was already to hire one but they haven't actually built them yet which is a bit of a problem but they said they should be done over Xmas. So hopefully they will have one ready in time. so now that I don't have to ship out my cooking stuff or furniture (leaving it all for the tenants to use) it should just be a half a dozen boxes of book to store.

No comments: