Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Oporto

I'm sitting on a sun chair on a balcony in Oporto with a cup of coffee waiting for the others to get up. It would be perfect except for the bloody noisy seagulls and the fact that it's raining slightly. 

Yeap typical Englishman on holiday behaviour sitting out no matter what just because I'm on holiday. To be fair the first couple of days here were lovely weather and I've got if not a tan exactly, a lot more freckles than I did last week.

The reason for the trip is an interesting one, it was a surprise birthday party for Ryan, a mate of mine from the old work. We have been keeping it a secret for half a year or so which is a properly hard thing to do. I wasn't so bad for me as I don't see him everyday but every time I saw him it was the first thing to pop into my mind. So 12 of us took an early flight down on Friday and were hiding in the apartment for when Ryan and Izzy turned up. We hid out the back and BOOM jumped out spraying champagne cameras as they walked through. 

The look on Ryan's face was priceless

Izzy did an amazing job of organising it all and we have all enjoyed a long weekend of beaches, walking over very tall bridges (44.6m) and way too much port tasting. 

No comments: