Monday, July 05, 2010

Flat Competition

An update the flat is still up for sale. Its sort of a holding pattern now as nothing much is happening in the market at the moment. looking at the land registry info most of the stuff that does sell is a couple of 100K more than my flat. I would normally mostly be getting first time buyers looking at the flat and there aren't many of those about.

My competition, another flat that is up for sale in my block, made an interesting move at the weekend. the following hand written sign appeared outside on the railings.

For Sale by Owner
Westferry Rd. 1 Bed flat
NO MORTGAGE REQUIRED
£296 per week
cal 07xxxxxx

So er is that Hire Purchase? I assume so and that they would take about 20 years at around 5.5% to pay that off if the price is still anything like my place. I guess that's one way to go if its just investment and your want to get it rid of it for your pension.

No comments: