Thursday, March 04, 2010

Rumours and Hidden Agendas

We have been pitching for alot of new work recently and hardly a week goes by with out a new piece of work being announced.

Normally in advertising you getting about a 20% turnover of clients for one reason or another. Now we have got a couple of big new clients over the past couple of months to cover the loss but we are still driving on despite the countrywide recession.

This growth is bigger than we can really cope with. The word from someone further up the food chain than me is that we are driving up the value of the company so the board will get bigger performance bonuses as part of the deal that they arranged to

Ah so that's why we are so busy.

and I mean crazy busy and its going to get worst. I great time to get experience on lots of different projects but also its not likely to do anybodies social life any favours.

This is on top the rumours currently going around about who is leaving.
We lost one of our Flash developers last week. most of us found out at the weekend via his facebook status! The rumour list is now a hand full of the designers, one head of department and my line manager! He hasn't said anything to me yet so we will see, but it might explain why both he and my department boss are doing my review rather than just him

No comments: